View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 10:50 PM   #9
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: 1970 GMC front parking light socket/pigtail

OK so I have been working on my daughters 68 truck getting it tore down. I took the grille apart and pulled the front parking lamps off. They are basicly the same thing as your bumper lights just mounted in the grille.

So any way I decided to check them and see if they worked. One did the other one wouldn't hooked to my battery. I used a jumper wire to the pigtail and another one to the mounting bolt. Nothing. Took the bulb out and checked it. Broke the bulbs both trying to get them out.

So I got to looking inside the socket. The double wire insert was stuck in the bottom no springing action. I soaked it down good with PB blaster and used a small screw driver. I could push down but it wouldn't spring back up. I cut the rubber right at the housing on the back side and used the small screw driver to punch it up. I worked it back and forth until it would spring back on it's own. I will tape the rubber back down to the housing but I got it working. Both lights work fine now. Hope this helps you on yours it may just need a little push.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote