View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #23
Rokcrln

Re: Brake Proportioning Valve problems.

All Fixed!!

Well I had enough so I went to the auto shop accross the street from my house to pick their brains. No luck! I had already tried every thing they said to do and even more. But they gave me the number of a power brake shop in Sacramento. I called and spoke with Sandy and told him everything I had tried and he was impressed with the extent I went to to find the problem. He then said if I had replaced the front rubber lines that I still have air in them. I said I fent I had got it all out but I was willing to try anything. So he then explained that the master cyclinder can not push enough volume of fluid to get the volume of air out of the front lines. He said to wire the front lines down to the frame so that they were lower than the bleeder's. So I did that and I also jacked up the A arms as far as I could to help out. I then put a bottle bleeder ion the raised up bleeder and pumped the pedal about 4 times untill the bottle was full and repeated for the other side.

With my fingers crossed I pulled the screw driver out of the PSI port (used it to hold the valve from flipping while bleeding) and pushed lightly on the brake pedal and it stayed in place. So I then jumped on the pedal a few times and it stayed in place so I put the PSI switch back in and started it up and jumped on the brakes again and I have the best feeling pedal I have ever had in a vehical. The rear end is up on stands with the tires off but lugs holding on the drums so I put it in gear and hhit the brakes and guess what, they stopped I tried this last night and could not even stop the rear drums at idle.

Well thanks to all who tried to help and now I have learned a new little (very simple) trick.

Kevin
LFD Inc.