Thread: Dream '69
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #36
swamp rat

Re: Dream '69

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawest View Post
I know what you mean, if I didn't have the shop I would never have attempted this project. My shop is a 1000 sq/ft. larger than my house, which is just right in my book.

There is a lot of information on this site about the different options for an under bed tank. It really depends on what you want and if you have a need for a in tank fuel pump and return line to feed a fuel injected engine, which I don't. I went with the Falcon tank because it a) doesn't hang so low as to be visible below the rear bumper, b) it doesn't require cutting structural bed supports, and c) its cheaper than either a custom made alum. tank or a blazer tank kit. I wanted a new tank that had never had fuel in it because I am going to have to reconfigure the filler neck and sending unit mount and don't want to blow myself up.
>>>My shop is a 1000 sq/ft. larger than my house, which is just right in my book. << Yer a lucky, lucky man!

Just the first time i have herd of anybody using the falcon tank is all. Yea if i was gonna have to weld on a tank i'd want a new one too, i have brazed a crack on a small engine tank before but i just dumped the gas and rinsed it out then filled it almost to the top with water, then stuck the torch close to the opening a couple times first, yea i was 18 and a bit nervous..

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote