View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 08:26 PM   #94
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: INNOVATE DLG1 Wideband O2 Oxygen Sensor Tuning Diagnostics Logging Air Fuel Ratio

having read up a bit I have some time to mess with the tunning a bit more tonight, remember the problem is that I still can't lean out the Idle circuit enough to 14.x Air Fuel Ratio which makes my WOT run way too rich at 11.x and 10.x per bank

so tonight I am going back to square one and adjusting what most of us take for granted the Float Levels which effect the air fuel ratio, when you lower them you lean out the mixture when you raise them you richen it up, believe it or not the carb is gravity fed, so the more fuel in the bowl the heavier it is so it pushes harder out the main jets into the wells, less fuel in the bowl the lighter it is so it pushes less

my truck started out at 13.x AFR this evening after driving it home from work and being totally warmed up, after I adjusted both float levels (primary and secondary by half a turn clockwise) I leaned out the ratio to 16.x that's too much but then I richened it up by turning out the idle mixture screws which gave me a happy 14.x

TDT - Test Drive Time to see what that did to WOT Wide Open Throttle from 2000 RPM to infinity and beyond
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote