Thread: The Pig Rig!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 01:13 AM   #27
ericjon262

Re: The Pig Rig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTork View Post
Good thinking for sure, better to fix now then be on a tow truck far from home.

The engine is looking good and nice score on the flat top knuckles!
yeah, the idea is that I don't get stuck! lol. Thanks!

not really much to report. I'm hoping to have the engine back in by the end of the weekend. I removed the brackets for the quadshocks, and threw a little paint on the firewall, it looks way better in person, the rough top edge is GM's black seam sealer...

I also did an inspection of the wiring harness, and found a few things that I didn't like...

The PO seemed to think of this as a "Fix",I cut the damage out, crimped a splice, and heat shrunk the affected wires. then I found some abrasion damage on the TPS 5v ref,again, I cut out the damage, and spliced in new wire.

I also found out the motor mounts I bought shortly after buying this truck, are not the right mounts, at all, and of coarse I don't have the boxes or receipts either... DOH. I also have heard plenty of stories of parts store mounts lasting a few weeks before failing, so maybe it's for the better, because I just ordered a set of poly engine and trans mounts.

The EGR solenoid that was on the truck had failed, and been plugged by the previous owner, so I also ordered a new on as well, hopefully it will clear the CEL that was in.
Attached Images

My trucks don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
ericjon262 is offline   Reply With Quote