Thread: The Pig Rig!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 12:15 AM   #50
ericjon262

Re: The Pig Rig!

oil leak is fixed, and the rod ends for the high steer setup came in! I threw it all together and did a very quick and dirty "alignment" with a tape measure and calibrated eyeball in the driveway. looks close enough to get me down the road where I can have a real alignment done. I also shot timing again, it was way off, I estimate it was somewhere around 20 degrees AFTER top dead center... I'm surprised it ran so well... it was really sluggish though. I bumped the timing up to about 5 degrees BTDC, as you might guess, it runs much better now, way more responsive, and much quieter/smoother.

all that progress, just to hit another snag. I tightened up all the brake lines, dumped fluid in, and can't seem to get anything out of the rear circuit. I am getting fluid from both ports in the master, so I'm thinking the porportioning valve may have failed somehow. I'll do more troubleshooting in the morning, hopefully it's something simple.

other than the brakes, the only thing preventing a test drive, is the rear driveshaft, which I'm hoping is done tomorrow, so I can get it back together.

My trucks don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
ericjon262 is offline   Reply With Quote