View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #12
cougarchi

Re: Doors Won't Close With New Door Rubber

this is an old thread, but it was very helpful. I got new rubber from LMC and had the same problem. super annoying! anyways I was getting frustrated so I pushed as hard as i possibly could and got it to close and then left it there for a couple of days squeezed shut hoping it would stick that way. I pulled it open today and noticed that there was a little tiny hole that was trying to suck air into the weatherstripping. LIGHTBULB! duh there's a bunch of air inside the rubber! and air doesn't really like to be compressed (that's kind of why pneumatics work). Long story short, I got them to close by taking an exacto knife and poking holes in the rubber every six inches or so around it so all the air could escape when the door squishes it, and now it closes just fine, and they are just tiny little holes so you can't even see them. didn't have to adjust the striker or anything. woohoo I love it when simple stuff works!

Last edited by cougarchi; 12-30-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: forgot to add one more thing
cougarchi is offline   Reply With Quote