View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #322
67cheby
67cheby

Re: Slosh Tubz SEMA 2015 Build "BOOSTED BERTHA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
Well... that does seem a little high but I sent 2 "Custom Camper" emblems that Advanced Plating that you see all the time on TV and paid 400.00 to have them done and I have to say on a 1-10 scale I would give it a 8...
I see !
What I have seen of this companies work they are worth the extra couple hundred you would spend...
it just seems like a lot to spend on plating a grill......
Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
http://www.advancedplating.com/site/
when I called they asked what I was building and what it was going to be used for, after talking to them they actually refer me to another chrome plating shop as the mostly do high end builds.
WOW, I know I cant afford their prices !
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
thats just who i was gonna recommend. steve whitney at whitworx, great guy and great work, i use them all the time. call me first... i think he's about 2 months out right now.

and no worries... i'll find you a decent fender.
I am sure they would do a great job, I just cant stomach that much for a grill .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Holy smokes, CHA-CHING on the plating buiz! Sponsorship? Tubz has lots of reach man! Sell it!
LOL, no luck so far !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp67-72 View Post
this was gone to advanced for 22 wks....sat in line for 20 of those....their the #1 plater in country......and u pay for it......$875 but its flawless.....if u find another plater let me know.....the waiting nearly killed me with this...jim
It looks AMAZING !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
I will NEVER use Advanced again...
ooops....that doesn't sound good !
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbrktracer View Post
I have used John Wright's Custom Chrome Plating , Grafton Ohio. 440-926-3116.

They did the chrome on the 57 Chevy Truck Quicksilver also. Finished in the Great 8 and won Barrett-Jackson Hot August Nights.

I have been very happy with the work they have done for me ..... Highly recommend them.
Thanks , I will check them out !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeating1 View Post
Linear actuators mounted parallel to the frame, inside the frame channel. With remotes!
well , that would be pretty cool !
Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
yeah you could hide the arms for those behind the rearbumper or inside the rear bodywork of the bed
great ideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmvlt1100 View Post
Very nice build will be watching.
Thanks man !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modges'66 View Post
That is a great idea, and would be very slick, and I also thought along those same lines for my truck for a long time!
But, until you start trying to fab something like this up while trying to maintain a deadline, and then realize that unless you have the tailgate continuously going up & down all day long, 95% of the public will never notice, or care.
That is when I focused on mods that 95% of the public WOULD notice, like shaved door handles, and filled seams...
Just my .02 cents worth.
I agree
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote