View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 09:53 PM   #12
c10vortec

Re: 72 C10 winter budget build

And Finally the fun part- at least in my opinion! I let the paint dry a few days and started bolting on the new Control arm shafts, bushings, and Ball joints-All parts were MOOG also. I had more blue and yellow problem solver boxes than I knew what to do with. I wish I had pics of the parts pile at the beginning but that doesn't really matter.

Name:  IMG_0832.jpg
Views: 2489
Size:  48.8 KB
I labeled the camber shims during disassembly so I would know where they belonged. I also installed the top ball joints on the bench. I installed the harder press-fit lower joints while on the truck. Both lower joints snugged up quite nicely so I'm not worried about them working loose.

Name:  IMG_0833.jpg
Views: 2549
Size:  56.8 KB
I know the paint line sticks out and may seem odd, but I'm not in the financial position to clean the whole frame like I would want to. And despite What everyone says, This will NOT be the last time I take the truck apart! there will be time for a true frame-off later

Name:  IMG_0835.jpg
Views: 2347
Size:  83.2 KB
These are my MOOG full height springs compared to what was removed, there is a spacer on the backside of the old spring thats hard to see

Name:  IMG_0837.jpg
Views: 2851
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0838.jpg
Views: 2448
Size:  52.0 KB

The spring install was really easy, I did not use a spring compressor. We installed the spring after bolting the spindle to the top ball joint only. Then we put a floor jack under the end of the arm and gently raised the arm until we could put the nut on the bottom of the spindle. In 10 minutes we had both springs installed. This is also the first look at my McGaughy's 2 1/2" drop spindles.

-2004 Chevy 1500 swb daily driver
c10vortec is offline   Reply With Quote