View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 12:39 PM   #12
wazzabie

Re: Another RPO code request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Not quite correct.

Line 2 was Blazer/Suburban specific, but both Chevrolet and GMCs went down the same line.

Similarly, Line 1 was specific to pickups only, but both Chevrolet and GMC pickups went down that same line.

GMCs were about 1 out of every 9 builds.

Chevrolet VIN sequence started at 100001 and GMC VIN sequence started at 500001 for this particular year.

I do not know.

It is not the order number, since that appears at the bottom.

I also know it is not the build sequence number, because my sequence number ends in "87".

I don't have any guesses beyond that, unless it is some kind of vehicle indicator from before the General Assembly build sequence was established (Flint has the opportunity to shuffle builds around after body shop/before paint, and again after paint but before trim).

K
Hi Keith, I listened to your interview on c10 talk which was really fascinating. It takes me hours to try and aligned the fender gap. The assembly line only had one minute and would use three body shims until someone down line complained about the gap. After the fender was aligned did the fenders get another shot of paint? I ask because some of the fender bolts are the same color as the fender.
wazzabie is offline   Reply With Quote