View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 01:02 PM   #2961
Killer Bee

Re: My Facetruck thread.

you got that right, market is crazy but we needed something for this summer so Mrs. Bee dug in and found finally found a good deal..

it's just a hair under 27' so it will fit neatly next to the garage and not stick out like a sore thumb

she has been talking about this for years and really got serious about it with all the travel restrictions being discussed..

I'm glad to hear your comments on the trans, we haven't had many issues with them at work either

I was concerned about spitting out spark plugs but it seems that was an issue more prevalent in the 3v, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic..

we have replaced probably close to a hundred plugs in two of my shops and we use the time sert kits which are apparently better than the rotunda I guess.. I just buy what my techs tell me too

and even in the van bodies, they're not that bad, I might even be able to do one myself

now the late model offerings have been poop! just had a 2016 F450 launch a cam follower thru the rocker cover and we're replacing an engine in a 2015 F450 with 46k miles that had all the cam updates at the dealer in 2018 and just went past warranty three months ago dept. wide had lots and lots of engine issues with the late model dohc engines..

too bad chevy fell out of the medium market back in 09 or so and just got rolling back in to it a year or so ago.. I only found one older 5500 duramax/allison but it was more than 2x the cost of this one, 35', high miles, three slideouts, etc.. probably nice as long as everything worked but it was one of those where there was just too much for the chassis size and looked like one big rolling headache

we looked at class A coaches as well but they waste a lot of space up front, have to add 6-8' overall to get the same amount of berthing space.. we just need something to move our family of 4+dog cross country, not entertain a dozen drunks in glamis

now if I had the room and the coin, an actual heavy duty truck chassis model would be the way to go.. but I'll have to grow into one of those, maybe when we sell our orange county house

there are a surprising number of the mid seventies gmc coaches for sale and I did see some 67-72 possible candidates but Mrs. Bee just gave me the eye, didn't even bother with a reply