View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #17
ChuckLee

Re: My LQ4/T56 build thread

spent a lot time sitting around during Thanksgiving at in-laws so I started ordering needed parts primarily for exhaust & fuel.
Most of the items i just bought are here in this post pictured with part #'s to help out the forum.
I haven't seen these headers (the natural stainless ones in my fleabay cart picture) used anywhere so I'm going to try them out. I like the natural stainless look, and I'm tired of paying good money for polished stuff that looks nasty after 5 years.

Goals for fuel system: 1)AN fittings ONLY so I am safe and most importantly FEEL I, my passengers, and truck is safe 2)hopefully semi-quiet walbro 255 pump 3)no fuel smell seepage through a 20' run of SS fuel hose, which leaves me with hard line option 4)cheap filters to save somewhere and primary filter i can stock up on in case i ever needed to do a replacement and can't get a special speed part items quick enough. Cannot believe it takes this many fittings to run a feed and return line from tank to rail! Anyhow, it does if you want to go AN rail to tank. I realize it would have been easier to simply run SS braided lines front to back, but I wanted to keep use of hardlines as it is safer and hardline will never smell my garage full of gas like flex lines can and do. I am running -10an fitting reducer from tank to 3/8" hardlines. Feed line basically will be as follows: tank>>>-10 elbow>>>-10 hose to frame>>>-6 reducer>>100 micron pre filter with push fittings>>255 walbro in line pump>>>10 micron post filter>>3/8" hard line to firewall>>>-6 SS braided lines to rail>>3/8" quick disconnet threaded rail fitting.
I'm not a fan of trusting plastic clips and hose clamps in the engine bay around hot exhaust as a guy i know locally just lost his $40k investment only 50 miles into the completed build while tuning due to fire!

Goals for exhaust: all natural stainless, most likely dump behind cab with turn downs OR run exhust to side exit in front of rear wheel wells. i'll need to get some 308l welding wire and maybe i'll go all out and get the right tank of triple gas for SS mig welding.

Screenshot (16) by FlickrAccount83, on Flickr

Screenshot (17) by FlickrAccount83, on Flickr

Screenshot (18) by FlickrAccount83, on Flickr

Screenshot (20) by FlickrAccount83, on Flickr

Screenshot (21) by FlickrAccount83, on Flickr

Last edited by ChuckLee; 11-26-2016 at 10:08 PM.
ChuckLee is offline   Reply With Quote