View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 02:23 PM   #4234
DransportGarage

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
Before you glue it, get a plastic tool like this and pull the rubber away from the glass and spray liberally with window cleaner. Work the tool up and down along the glass, pressing against the rubber. You might have to do it inside and outside, but the pucker should be able to be worked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I made these tools out of screwdrivers and ball bearings, worked damn good to get that rubber nice.
Brian
Thanks, guys. I did all that. Have good tools, and I had the glass so soaped up I could pull on the inside and see the outside move. The problem is, the glass is too large and it bottoms out before it can be slid to the driver's side far enough.

This is a weird situation. We put this glass in another truck in 15 minutes, perfectly. Something bad happened to my truck in its life even though there was no apparent damage on the roof. Maybe got smacked hard in the side and bent the upper "A" pillars? Who knows. We have already ground about 3/16" off the upper corners of the glass just to get it to go in at all. A little more would probably do it, but we've made 5 runs at it, and I'm tired of it.

The gluing is going very well, and it could be unglued if necessary. I think it's going to be OK.
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote