View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #338
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

The thermal barrier is on the inner roof except for one small area front and center. Need to get out to Pick and Pull to yank a map light assembly out of a Shhh! (Ford Taurus) to graft into the area between the visors. Once that is done, I'll be very close to buttoning up the roof. Went to Wholesale Paint today and purchased the 3M adhesive I'll use along with a few other supplies.

Meanwhile, today was epoxy primer Day 2... The weatherman assured us last night that there was no rain in the forecast until late tonight. So before lunch, I loaded a small amount of the cream color I used on the engine into the detail gun to paint a couple of small items. As I was finishing up, I felt the air get a little cooler and the wind kick up. Not good, I figured, so I carefully transferred the items from the driveway to inside the workshop. About five minutes later, it started to sprinkle. Didn't last long, but that's what you get when you believe "Kansas City's Most Accurate Forecast".

After lunch, the sun was out and interactive radar on the Weather Channel showed no precipitation anywhere near us, so I uncorked the HVLP and shot a bit more epoxy. It's supposed to turn cool next week and from here on out I'll have fewer days that will be good for primer. I need to quit putting it off.

The correct yoke for the truck TH400 arrived yesterday and I was able to get a measurement on the driveshaft. Will have to have it shortened by 2.75" for it to work. Guess I'll run it down to Inland Truck next week while it's rainy and cold.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote