Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 12:59 AM   #6060
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Top Tips on making your own steel braided lines hoses fittings etc...

1. use both ends of the newly bought hose first, the manufacturer / seller most likely has given you two nicely cut and tapped off ends so use them, I don't care if you bought 100 feet of line, start your projects from both ends and measure in, hope you follow

2. once you commit to twisting on a hose end, do NOT quit, I don't care if your thumb feels like it's going to fall off, or if dinner is ready, or your baby mama is hollerin' at you... if you stop and remove the end cap the line will be already frayed just enough to prevent you from re capping it, please heed my advice - You Can Do It!

3. get comfortable sit on the floor if you have to, unwind the line in the reverse direction a bit so when you start twisting it in to the female end cap it wants to spin already naturally returning to it's regular unwound position

4. I put my end caps on dry, you can use lubricant if that works for you, some folks use WD40

this was not meant to be all inclusive just some quick advice on putting on hose end fittings as I had to do some and the idears were fresh in my noggin'
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote