View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #29
Rack Man

Re: "FRAME OFF" Has Begun - Wish Me Luck! - Pics

Ok...Got a bit more done on the chassis....Complete drivetrain is now installed....and got the new 2.25" exhaust fitted and tack welded in place....just need to remove it back out and fully weld the seams...

For those wondering about how I fit the exhaust....I used most of my old exhaust as a template to have a local muffler shop just bend up the identical pieces....the trick was getting it to the new stock manifolds as my old exhaust had full length headers....so you can see in the pic below that I simply made a template out of some skinny round bar and just had them bend me up the pieces to the template I supplied....I did have them add a few inches to each end so that I could trim as needed....And the whole thing actually worked out perfect....I didn't have to go back to have any pieces tweaked at all....I think I got real Lucky....

I should have some pics of the body coming before too long....It's in "Paint Jail"....LOL...and my buddy is just starting on it this week....It's been media blasted and is sitting in epoxy primer.....The bed has been disassembled getting ready for the wood bed conversion that I picked up from Mar-K

I also just received the new fuel & brake lines from Inline Tube....so hopefully I will get to installing them in the next week or two....

Carbureator was just sprayed with "Carb Renew" from Eastwood....we'll see how it holds up!!

The last pic is of the welder I picked up on C.L. for $300.00.....Virtually brand new Snap on (Blue point) w/a 75/25 bottle.....I'm shocked how smooth this thing welds.......

Enjoy!
Dan

Last edited by Rack Man; 12-05-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote