Thread: Another S10
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 12:48 AM   #6
lowrollin70gmc
Too many projects

Re: Another S10

I've been too busy knocking out the little details and driving the little truck to toss up some pictures. The best result was hitting the cruise control the first time and having it work perfectly (even disengages when clutch pedal is pressed).

I did have to tear apart both the straight and tilt column to change the tilt column ignition from auto on the floor to the manual (with button) switch. I also repaired a broken hazard knob while at it. I also swapped the speedometer/odometer gauge motor to the new(used) cluster's tach spot to keep accurate mileage (137k) for the truck. Also ended up putting the original temperature and fuel gauge motors into the new cluster as they acted up when test driving so I did it while in there anyways.

The engine runs flawlessly and it's a fun little truck to drive. Heck, my last trip to my parent's house returned 22mpg at 74mph (empty) and 20mpg at 74mph loaded with a full bed of spare parts that I moved to my house from my dad's shed. That's not too shabby considering both the speed and cargo (at least 700lbs).

Here are a few recent pictures with the composite grill and headlamps swapped on and the topper removed. Unfortunately, I took these pictures in order to list the truck for sale locally as it's an extra vehicle for me. I've recently picked up a 62 IH 1600 Loadstar (2ton truck) to build a flatbed/car hauler out of, so between the Cummins powered burb and a 18' (12+6dove) flatbed I don't see a need for this little guy. I love driving it and have been doing so daily for the last two months since getting it back on the road.

Edit: it has sold
If it doesn't sell for what I want out of it ($3500) then I'll just keep it and maybe toss on some 265/75/16 (32s) or 255/85/16s (skinny 33s) this fall accompanied by fender trimming. Maybe, maybe not; I'll see what happens but I've already gotten dozens of phone calls and texts from the couple CL and local classified ads posted. I truly want to sell my 08 G6 coupe and keep this but I know when residency time comes (for my PharmD in a few years) a newer, reliable vehicle will be necessary for the amount of traveling involved. Although a 4.8/5.3 in this s10 would be newer and reliable... With cheaper insurance rates.

I'll just pipe down now and post some pictures:
Pre alignment poser flex picture to harass a friend of mine.

Just a few days ago all cleaned up with blazer grille.

I do like the ride height from the small lift

68 K20 Suburban 12V Cummins/NV5600/NP205/D60/11.5AAM 3.73s "Dakota Cadillac"
63 Chevy II Nova Coupe 250 I6/T56/4.56s "Economy car"
53 Willys Wagon 350/NV4500/BW4401/HP D44/9inch “Winter Wagon”
30 Model A 16 Focus ST

Last edited by lowrollin70gmc; 05-15-2014 at 11:51 PM.
lowrollin70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote