View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 11:51 PM   #1
hounddogs!
Restoring it $200 at a time...

It's running, how do I get to the exhaust shop?

Finally got the engine to run tonight. Hellzyeah! Unfortunately, 'running' means idling at obnoxiously high RPMs. I'm guessing 4000+.

I shut things down quickly, but need to get the PCM trained enough to get to the exhaust shop. (right now, I have open manifolds and the O2 sensors are dangling loose.)

1. To get things running, I put the wires that were in factory fuse block C1, pins A9, F8 and F9 onto an ignition hot post. Am I putting 12V somewhere it shouldn't be? I see diagrams that say they're all ignition hot, but haven't found the destinations.
2. Do I need to test the APP voltages, or should I assume they'll throw a code if something's amiss?

I see a GM procedure to learn a new throttle body that involves idling for three minutes then shutting things down for a minute. I'm not at all comfortable letting a brand new motor run like this for three minutes. Is there another procedure to get the PCM to relearn its neighbors?

**2003 5.3 - TB and PCM supposedly from the same vehicle
**Accel pedal, TAC module and harness between them supposedly from the same vehicle, but not the motor donor.
**Brendan at LTswap had the PCM to clean up VATS, emissions etc
**MAP, knock, cam and crank sensors are new. MAF is not.
**Stock rebuild except for BTR Stage I cam
**No codes
**With engine off, the throttle blade is closed.

Thanks for the direction guys.

'68 5.3L-4 speed LWB C20; grandpa bought it for the farm in '71. Now LS 5.3, rather than 327.

DD '09 Pilot

Weekender '65 Skylark 300-4V-4 speed

Wife's '07 Lexus ES350; 117 actuator motors and I can't see the engine.

Son's '04 F250 SuperCab 6.0
hounddogs! is offline   Reply With Quote