View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 01:47 AM   #1
LuckyLightning

'62 headlight switch assembly?

Sooo... I was reading around here and the interwebs for how to trouble-shoot electrical/lights issues. Once of the recommendations was to remove the headlight switch and test the wires, clean it, etc.

Well, I misread how to remove it. Without removing the whole switch from the dash, I unsnapped the black plastic block from the metal side clip. As soon as I did that, the whole thing fell apart and onto the floor.

Here's what it looks like apart:

I did an advanced search here but didn't really find anything. Same with the rest of the internet. Might be that my search parameters aren't right, but I'm stumped right now.

I put it together the way the parts look like they go (as well as seeing a completed unit on google), installed it back in my truck but now nothing happens. Before, I was able to get the dash lights and one rear tail light (as well as being able to start the truck). Now: nothing. No lights, no engine crank, nothing.

Anyone have any assembly instructions? Or maybe a picture of it with the metal side removed (to show the inside)?
- 1963 Chevy C10 LB Custom flatbed (project thread) - sold
- 1979 K20 LB fleetside (project thread)

Favorite exchange on the board so far:
ol_Curt: "Jason, do you have power steering?"
jason65: "No, but I lift weights."
LuckyLightning is offline   Reply With Quote