View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #197
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhomi View Post
Are you using gas with it? can you send me the details? I've been looking for a mig. Great work BTW.
Thanks! Yes, I am using gas. I find very little use for flux cored wire anymore- once you go gas, you never go back The welder is the Eastwood 110v unit. I read a LOT of reviews on it before making a purchase. Nearly all users had positive comments- the naysayers never actually owned one and generally just said "buy a Miller, Lincoln, or Hobart". For the money ($299 shipped), I haven't found anything comparable. Sure, you could get a nice, entry-level welder from the big three for twice as much and still have to buy the gas conversion kit. This suits my needs perfectly, and does everything a Hobart Handler 140 does (used to have one in my garage) for way less money. Perfect for the 'hobbyist', though if I made my living welding, I'd opt for a big name for local serviceability...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokart Mozart View Post
This seems to be a trend this year. I just sold my 75 Goldwing 2 weeks ago. It helped me get my truck!
I missed that bike for a while, even so much as to buy myself another. Ended up selling it too, partly out of lack of use, but mostly 'cause I don't care to die anymore. Something about growing up and having kids makes you a little more aware of your own mortality...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Nice work on the metal replacement! The welds look good too.
Thanks! They're getting better the more I practice. Still not where I was before- I guess what they say is true- if you don't use it, you lose it

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 04-26-2011 at 12:07 AM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote