View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 07:27 AM   #82
special-K
Special Order

Re: 72 Super Roadtrip-Coast to Coast

You let him drive??? That's mighty big of you... heh heh

That's cool you got to chat with Dale Walksler. He truly loves the bikes. He was born into the right family for that, but so were many others who have no such passion. He's quite the colorful character. I could tell some stories, but... (he does a great job of that). I wish the truck show was still in Maggie Valley.

You're right about the area being a short bed hot spot. Between SoCal and the S/E I think more the better half were sold there. Even with them slipping out of these regions they still have a heavy presence. That's what's neat about your taking one from NC to CA... hot spot to hot spot.

Mammoth cave is awesome. Man, if I knew you were heading up that way I might have been tempted to make a '72 rendezvous in my K2500.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-10-2016 at 07:46 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote