View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 12:07 AM   #24
Jonny Hotnuts

Re: LS3 and tr6060 on way, what else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipps View Post
I'm going to disagree on deleting the AFM. Leave it all intact, and just turn it off in the tune. At 50k miles, it shouldn't ever give you trouble if you simply turn it off now.

If you delete the AFM, the replacement camshaft will likely require more tuning to get it dialed in right. If you keep the parts you have, and can get the MAF and intake piping close to stock, it should be running strong right out of the gate.

I wouldn't even unbolt the trans from the engine. Just order up some mounts, stab the whole thing in, and go. The rear yoke will need some changes though, to convert it to a slip-yoke or u-joint.

You are right....but also wrong.

I sooooo want to just leave it alone. It would be less money, less hassle, take less time, be easier....but...
I have set a couple landspeed records on the salt falts and have been involved in racing my whole life. IF I left the afm it would crush my spirit. I know that must sound dumb but knowing it was in there would eat at me day and night. Its the whole idea of DOD by concept being in a hot rod!
But....you are correct. Ill never 'need' as much horsepower as it produces in stock form AND would get better MPG. Im just not that practical!

~JH
Jonny Hotnuts is offline   Reply With Quote