Thread: 71 Jimmy
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
jaros44sr

Re: 71 Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treachera View Post
Hey Jaros! 3 years, you say? It'll take me 3 years of constant practice to do body work half as good as you do! Your thread had me glued to my computer taking notes!

The 350 in the truck has a serious water leak going on. The exhaust port on cylinder 7 was spraying water like a lawn sprinkler. I'm debating on if I should get that engine rebuilt, or throw in the 305 from the donor truck (which seems to only need valve stem seals replaced) and call it a day. decisions, decisions.
Thanks for the comps, but the real credit goes to the guys on this board! They keep me motivated to turn out a truck that is worthy of this forum.....alot of help from guys ill never meet have been patient with all my dumb questions i am truly amazed at the talent and skill level of guys that hang out here

JMHO, but i would go the easy button. Youll have enough challenges through the rest of the build. Put the 305 in it and at a later time build or buy a engine you want. These crate motors are unbelievably cheap, and a warranty

Good look with you build, mine is stuck in electronics prison

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote