View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #238
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

Finishing Touches - 5/26/20

Alright so back in early March I was really pushing to have the K5 ready for my first goodguys show that was scheduled for late march. Well....plans change as the world changes haha.

Anyways while the truck was back at the body shop for paint corrections and to shave the antenna hole, I had the shop mechanic replace the water pump, put in a hydraboost set up, and we also determined I needed a higher stall torque converter. So I opted for a locally made custom stall (2400) unit.

Anyways I pushed the guys to have it ready for the long weekend and they delivered! I went down to the shop Friday afternoon and she was ready to go. Drove her 45+ miles home and she ran/drove like a champ! Temps were cool, steering was crisp at most speeds (but it likely needs a better alignment and I need to check/equalize tire pressures), accelerated nicely and braked effectively! It was a blast to drive!

But...and there's always a but right? When I pulled into the driveway and got out I noticed there were fresh drips and low and behold looking under the truck showed a steady leak coming from the T-case rear output seal.

Name:  leak.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  leak2.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  66.9 KB

Name:  dshaft.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  108.6 KB

Anyways parts are on order and should have it back on the road by end of the week. In the meantime there were odds and ends to take care of.

I installed these nice decorative wipers that will never get used lol:

Name:  wipers.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  97.7 KB

And I wanted to show off these custom CNC cut badges :

Name:  emblem2.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  45.6 KB
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote