View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 01:58 AM   #258
Ivan D.
glamoros piece o' lowlife

Re: How about some pictures of '73-'87 short beds

Oh, what the hell, here's my daily driver for short distances:

Notice the extra amber lights behind the grille, they make it look much cooler when it becomes dark outside.

This truck was purchased in October for mere $500 cause the engine was about to self-destruct, since then it sat for like 4 months, and starting March it is street-legal. I rebuilt the engine's bottom end in my living room, ported the heads at work, and redid the front brakes and brake lines in my carport. Truck can tow my roommate's Oldsmobile Intrigue while idling, and stops pretty much on a dime thanks to the hydroboost system off a 1-ton diesel Chevy. It currently awaits the installation of an Offenhauser dual-port intake and a Holley double-pumper 650cfm carb, and I also have a Holley Annihilator ignition box that I have no other use for so it might go in as well. It badly needs an exhaust system as right now 2000rpms is as high as I can go without blowing up my ear drums or waking up the whole neighborhood (runs on headers and dumps), I'm thinking a set of 2.5" pipes through Turbo mufflers and dumps before the rear axle will really wake up the engine.