View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 02:20 AM   #24
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Thanks Jack
I moved on to the hood latch and latch/grille support. Neither of these items were designed to be used in conjunction with an intercooler. I still have an intercooler.

Initial fitment of latch:

Better shot of clearance from latch to intercooler:

So the latch fits good. The support for the latch mechanism and grille needs
some work to clear the intercooler, so another template is in order. The template is actually sitting on top of the latch/grille support:

A little work with the cutoff wheel and there is clearance. I had to cut the bottom of the support off because the bottom of the intercooler is in the way of the factory mounting. I made a support for the bottom out of some .187 flat stock and tacked it to the bottom of the support. Welding to the vintage iron is great--so easy compared to late model tin-foil.

Here it is roughed in: (The pic doesn't show it well, but there is about 1/2" of clearance between the support and the intercooler)

I still have some more work to do on the support. Some family came over for dinner and they felt I should stop what I was doing to eat. Some people...

The fe-mailman brought me something today:

Hmmmm.

Last edited by mosesburb; 11-13-2017 at 02:11 AM.
mosesburb is offline   Reply With Quote