View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:31 AM   #64
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGMC4 View Post
This is looking awesome. I don't regret the C4 suspension swap I did on mine but if I had known this about the TB frame swap 3.5 years ago I may have done that instead. Just seems like less work. Can't wait to see it done!
OKGMC4: Thanks. The C4 is an incredible swap and has somewhat of a more desirable ring to it. I would rather say I was sitting on a C4 than a Trailblazer. As cheap as I can get a running C4 here in the South, it was tempting. The reality of my experience set in which sent me to in the T.B. direction.

I have been studying your LS install (..and dash...and paint...etc...) for months. May need some advice as I proceed especially on the wiring. Early in your build I noticed zero wiring on your engine. Maybe I should take more pictures and make some sketches and remove my wiring since everytime I see the bundle, it kind of freaks me out. The good news is that I have accounted for what most of the plugs go to so the wiring stress is lessening. I am trying not to get too far ahead of the matter at hand in order to keep motivated.

Plan on clipping the front frame rails off to see if the sheetmetal between the fenders fits. It's going to be close since there is a giant sway bar right in the area that I need to cut.
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote