View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 06:36 PM   #45
69 C10 LWB

Re: The 65 C30 Farm Truck

I was finally able to make some progress on the truck today. With temps in the 60s yesterday and almost 70 today I had to spend some time out in the garage. I spent most of yesterday at the local junkyards searching for some dually rims. I walked the 3 biggest yards looking for some usable rims only to come up empty. I found a couple trucks that would have been good candidates but every one of them had rims that were dented or rusted. I did snag the retainer rings I will need and most of the lug nuts to convert to 9/16. I also put the final coat of paint on my valve covers.

I spent today trying to get the front tires off. The right front goes flat every couple hours so I wanted to swap it out with one of the spare tires I had. Should be easy right? Wrong!!! I had to pull the drums off with the wheels. The driver side came off pretty easy with a few well placed blows from a BFH and lots of penetrating oil. The passenger side was a different story. I beat the $h!t out of the hub and it didnt budge. I ended up cutting the rim in half so I could get it off. I need to order new bearings and seals but atleast for now I know the tires will come off when I get my non split replacement rims.
Attached Images

69 C10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote