View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:16 PM   #49
69 C10 LWB

Re: The 65 C30 Farm Truck

1 step forward and 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 back. It started out as a good weekend. I found a set of tires and rims for pretty cheap. They are all chevy steel rims with decent rubber. I mounted up one front tire and everything was good. Tried to mount the rear tires and ran into an unexpected problem. Ive been reading up on rims for weeks trying to make sure I find the best ones for what I am doing. The most common thing I found was to check center bore of the rims. The offset with the single rear wheel hubs on my axle will make the truck 4 inches wider but that doesnt bother me. The problem I never saw any mention of was the fact that dually rims wont seat on single wheel hubs. There is a raised ledge at the flange that is just slightly bigger. Now I need to pull the axles and drums and split the drum from the hub so I can get the hub turned down about .08 in. No big deal, my boss has a lathe, just some extra work.

I decided to install my valve covers so I could say I accomplished something this weekend. Problem number 2. Turns out the breather is too far back on the passenger side and it hits the firewall, so I need to mount it in the oil fill hole in the front and plug the rear hole.

Working on some equipment today and found out that the welder we use it work is out of town for a month or so. Weather and scheduling have prevented any welding to the spring perches so looks like I will have to find a way to bring a service truck home so I can finally get the axle mounted up.
Attached Images

69 C10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote