View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #428
scoot_mcgrute

Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

Day 3 was pretty relaxed actually, the truck wasn't broken and I only had 1 event left, the 3S challenge. The course was a mirrored left and right that was a drag race into a sweeping u-turn, through a slalom and then stop in the box. Any cones hit today would result in a DNF. First run to the left was strong, I did well but struggled a bit with holding speed through the corner; I think I can fix that with some trailing arm mods. The right course, that was a different story. I was lined up next to a Gen5 Camaro and apparently beat him off the line, braked late, locked up the tires, went into a push, the push transitioned into a burnout through the slalom and I locked up the tires into the stop box. Sloppy sloppy sloppy. I got back into grid and a fellow 60-66 owner I had met earlier came over with a huge grin on his face, apparently I stomped that Camaro! We chatted a bit and then I lined up for my second run, I cleaned both sides and was happy with the results so my fiance and I walked around and picked up some swag before loading up and heading home. Such a fun weekend and I'm looking forward to some winter mods for next year! Gotta be more competitive in the Truck Grand Champion next year

G_Driven got some awesome shots of the old girl all weekend too, check em out below!

Samantha and I cruising around after fixing the short and replacing the clutch master Saturday morning!