View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
LuckyRabbit4

N00B Post - Air Cleaner/carb connection

I just bought a 66 Chevy c10 inline 6 pick up stepside less than 48 hours ago. I've looked it over and found things wrong or missing and some things that have completely baffled me on how to replace.

First things first, the air cleaner was off the truck when I got it. So I'm not sure how to put it back on. I've seen pictures, watched videos, looked for diagrams but for some reason I just can't figure it out. I attached a picture of what I've got. In most pictures they have a mount on top of the carb that the cleaner box bolts into. or a bolt coming from the carb up through the air cleaner. But neither is true here. Need to figure this out before I want to drive it at all.

Next, shifting and transmission. 3 on the tree. When going from Rev/1st to 2nd/3rd I have to push HARD or pull HARD on the shifter to get it to go from one side of neutral to the other. Not sure why or how to fix it. Buying new rubber bushings for the rods anyway but I feel like there is something else I need to grease, clean, replace. Drivable but very difficult to shift.

Thanks for the help in advance. Once these two things are fixed the rest of the project can take off!
Attached Images

LuckyRabbit4 is offline   Reply With Quote