View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 07:10 PM   #78
sweetk30

Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

well doner truck tanks had 2 good brackets on 1 side . the other side had 1 good and 1 rusted out bad . so after going in my pile of parts i dug out 4 total extra brackets i had . well it took the 1 bad / 1 bottom half / 1 strap all from 3 to remake one . then a pile of scrap on left / good parts middle / rebuilt right .

then i under coated all 4 of them after i cleaned up the welded on nuts and strap stud . got to make sure there good before undercoat and hang time .

well they flashed off good in a hr or so . this let me hang them on the frame and finish off tonight to hang the tanks in the am . but i ran in to a possible problem when i went to hang the left side front bracket . the welded on nuts didnt line up to the holes . :doah: been so long i forgot the front brackets use sloped hole layout for the slope of the frame . well i got lucky and the pass side was the same way wrong for his side . so i just swapped the brackets left to right and dodged that bullet of rework .

got my roofing tar paper ready to cut in strips to wrap the tank like factory did and install the tanks in the am . this will let me finish out the lines and crossover to fill the left tank from the right side .
Attached Images

85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote