View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:46 PM   #87
sweetk30

Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

last few days busy . here some info and pics .

so far today we are getting a LOT done on the list of crap to do .

steering column bolted back firm . just need horn gut out of a spare fixed parts unit .
brake pedal hanger and hydroboost pedal in and tight .
hydroboost unit ( from a k30 ) bolted on and in place. need new master bolted on yet .
p/s van remote fill can bolted to core support . just need to make filler hose to clear live hydro pump for plow yet. and fill with fluid.

more by the end of the night will be done .

------------------

so p/s system is hooked up and mostly blead out . got to get it running for the rest with hydroboost .
3 core rad from old truck installed .
remote trans spin on filter with gauge temp sensor installed .
lower rad hose installed . upper here in the am at local napa .

need to swap horn guts to finish the steering wheel/column redo .
add coolant .
add a bit more atf . only put in around 4 qrt . had it drained and on stand upside down so its almost all out .
some wires add in for sniper to get key-HOT & CRANK power .
snow plow live hydro pump bolt on .
snow plow joystick in dash .

i am sure there is more .

but my trusty yellow paint pen is marking them as i get done with each one on the truck .

few pics . and a nod to my buddy jim with the hunk of copper pipe on the truck . every one of his hot rods has copper for a section of pipe someplace . i needed to lengthen my p/s can to pump hose and had this in the scrap pile .

1-2 pic are before hydroboost installed today and column bolted backup after brake pedal/mount swap from vac to hydro setup .

and pic you see my jw speaker headlights .

--------------------

well today was half a wash out . had aptment in the am i had to do . then friend showed up i had not seen in a bit .

but i did get to napa and got my hose clamps / heater hoses 5/8" & 3/4" and 4ft gave me around 5-6" extra for both i cut off .

got my upper rad hose for the 1990k5 blazer to match the serp belt setup . the lower is the same for years . the upper has a different bend molded in to match the serp belt specific t-stat housing . got 4gal of coolant in the system . bleed out good with the burp jug system and drilling a tiny hole in the t-stat . . . reg t-stat 6 bucks . jiggle valve t-stat 20 bucks . . . i drill my own hole for less . and i did a 195* t-stat i like my heat in the winter .

finished most all the power wires and grounds for the battery feed to the engine / frame / batt / core support . batt is charging up a bit today from sitting so long . she was at 12.18 volts before charge .

p/s system stayed up good over night .

new master bench bleed . . . and FU*K them block off plugs for bench bleeding . it went rock hard . so i dug out my old school lines for bleeding masters in the loop style like old days . i got a LOT more air out of it . block off plugs in till i hook up the lines and bleed the system .

tryed to use the willwood bracket i had got for the valve . that didnt work to good untill i took a 4lb mini sludge hammer to it and made it flat . then she cleared the hydroboost lines and master . then i made up the rest of the lines from the ruff in job to engine bay . flared my ends on and anti-seized the line to nut inside area and used green coated line . just need 4 calipers on and 2 hard lines in master and pump-n-bleed .

fingers crossed might be Saturday for the ........ FIRE OFF TEST
Attached Images

85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote