View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 11:09 PM   #90
sweetk30

Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

good day today .

got a lot of wires cleaned up / crimped up with heat shrink / loomed up / zip tied or clamped / still got a few more to layout and do yet for some gauges on the top of the dash .

steering column was STILL fighting me . in total i had to swap in a good used ignition sector unit / lube up a LOT of dried out grease spots / loctight red the 4 tilt screws / bend the lock plate back in shape in the shop press it was skipping / get horn guts from parts column . . . wow what a chore . but the horn even goes honk honk

then i got the front drive shaft to the drive-line shop to get checked over and re-tubed . flange flat to center of cap in the truck for my weird piece meal combo was 35.5" long . th400/custom almost 1" spacer / 203 adapter / 203 range box / ord doubler plate / 205 with 32 spline front and 208 flange / with 3" ish lift springs front / ord shackles / sbc 350 engine / k30 frame .

took a look at he sniper throttle linkage area and like others i have decided to make my own extender arm . there stuff is to short and stiff in the cab . also with limited travel my th400 kick down switch don't even come close to hitting . i have come up with around a 1 1/4" hole to hole extender . still need to test it for 100% and no binding or bottom out . but it will be a bolt on item .

she is getting super close to a shake down run .
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote