View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 07:24 PM   #18
2 Stovebolts

Re: Ft. Brakes replacement 70 C30 Dump

chevyland...lol...Necessity is the mother of invention !!! on that front bumper....Actually that is basically what my grille looked like when I bought my truck....previous owner slapped on the billet grille with plastic ties....took care of that in an instant !!! What's up with that air cleaner? CA smog?

LockDoc....Thanks for the thread regarding the transmission....I most likely will go that route when I change the clutch...but for now the clutch is fine.... which is a wonder......Rims/wheels...I know the proper name is not split rim, but its a rim with an outer ring....What is the correct terminology for that wheel?....I have to say I could not salvage any of the rear wheels on the truck....You should have seen the sledge hammer distortions,.... for certain there must have been a wobble going down the road....Took quite a bit to locate wheels that did not have hammer blow marks.....I located a parts truck and went equipped with the porta power & acetylene torches...I used the mini ram as I heated the wheel around the hub......they popped right off......Why would you want to kill yourself swinging a sledge hammer under a truck?..... Keeping it positive here, don't want to comment on a 'better way' to do things......
2 Stovebolts is offline   Reply With Quote