View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 09:47 PM   #13
malc1080

Re: Drop set ups and wheel combos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wixthedog View Post
Thank you, these trucks are hard work but worth it when people say nice things about them.

I didn't measure but I would say it went a full 6". My truck has the longer leaf packs of the two and had 8-leaf packs from factory. My original plan was to ditch all but three plus the overloads but I found both packs had multiple cracked leafs and it forced my hand. I was fortunate and found some 5 leaf packs from a Suburban locally for a deal. I did not c-notch but I also do not work the truck very hard. I've hauled 400 pounds of deer corn and did not have any issues and I never even looked at what clearance I had...

I've never had a lowered truck before this one so I went all in (static anyway) and do not regret it at all. You have to be a little more careful when driving since the LCA's hang really low but it's not too bad once you get an eye for it. I knew if I didn't do it the way I did I would regret it and end up doing it over.
I completely understand. these trucks are hard work getting the right stance. My goal is to maybe upgrade to a bigger wheel like a 17in or 18in max and still have that perfect stance.
the c notch is tricky. some do it and some don't. Glad you didn't have to c notch the frame and still be able to haul a lot of weight with no issue. That was my main issue that i didn't want a flip kit to avoid c notch.
malc1080 is offline   Reply With Quote