View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 01:53 PM   #30
americanmusc1e

Re: Project "Old Skool" V.3

March 2019 we put the truck on the dyno at the texas mile. She made a max of 419whp and 452 torque, but the power stopped climbing after 4000rpm. I finally figured out a week later that my spark gap was too big and she was blowing out the spark gap at high RPM. Once I gapped the plugs at .025, the power came back. I haven't put it on the dyno since though.

April 2019 I got a nice paycheck and spent it all on a Billet 7875 from VS racing. The new turbo spools a little quicker and will support more power in the future. I also completed my Raspberry Pi based dashboard. It has all the readouts I need plus warning lights if something goes out of bounds.

bonus shot of the fact that my exhaust is larger diameter than my driveshaft

June 2019 we moved out of our 3000sqft warehouse for work, so the truck and a bunch of stuff got crammed in my garage for a while. Truck progress slowed down.

I drove the truck through the summer of 2019, but the spartan locker started giving me issues. It did not like the power I was putting through it and it would unlock completely sometimes and just grind. I decided to buy a yukon posi and go back to my 3.07 gear rear end. I also took the opportunity to do new poly trailing arm bushings and shock relocation brackets.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote