View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 07:25 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: Warm Work Gloves?

I'll try those military wool gloves. I know what you mean, Pete, about the 'style' descriptive. Same as 'like' added on or 'flavored'. How about our national disgrace, American Cheese? 'Processed cheese food'. That ain't cheese!

Looking through the responses I seem to remember using fingerless rag wool climbing gloves and they worked well. I'm not sure about it now, but I had a theory as long as the hand is warm the fingertips stay warm. Although they are the extremity, the blood is only cooling at the tip. It's not distance from the heart, it's distance from the warmth. Keep your core and limbs warm up to the fingertips and you're good. I know I could grab the frosty aluminum all day with bare finger tips without frost bite. I am definitely more sensitive to the cold these days. Also not acclimated yet. We've had above average warmth except for two arctic cold fronts so far. The first one was a one day thing and I was working inside a barn. Last week we had three days of wind and colder than average temps, like a preview to Jan. I was working outside on a ridgetop where you could see across the valley to the next mountain ten miles away. Only my fingers were cold

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote