View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 02:23 AM   #38
americanmusc1e

Re: Project "Old Skool" V.3

I'm back after a bit of a break. I put some info on my 49 build thread about the homesteading project that's taking all my time. I've been a bit bummed since mid October I was in a fender-bender in the C10. I was going about 35mph and someone turned left into the side of my truck.

I didn't drive the truck for so long that I had to replace the battery the other day. I got the gumption to work on it and I finally settled with the insurance company so now I have some extra funds to work on it. First stop after the new battery was chasing down a few transmission leaks that have been bothering me. I re-sealed the kickdown bulkhead connector and replaced the rear seal and bushing on the transmission. I also turned the boost down a bit because I feel like the truck has plenty of power. I'm currently running 10psi and pretty happy.

I also looked hard into what I'd need to put a proper compressor and valve setup in the truck for the bags and I ended up buying a set of drop springs. the bags were nice when I didn't have a 3/4ton pickup to haul stuff with and I had the extra weight of the LWB. I didn't use the bags for adjustable ride height and the did leak down if I let the truck sit too long. I went back to 4" drop springs in the back and I'm happy with the ride height.

I gave the old girl an oil change and just did some driving.The truck drives well. I'm working on getting a few little annoyances ironed out before I switch gears and work on the 49 again. I still have to find a new fender to replace my smashed one.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted

Last edited by americanmusc1e; 12-28-2020 at 04:34 PM.
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote