Thread: Spitfire
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 11:22 AM   #77
Deer_hunter_088

Re: Spitfire

Another shot of the old girl, I drove it around my buddies "racetrack" for about 20 minutes until she started missfiring and running like TRASH, spitting, sputtering, dying under load, but would stay running if i kept giving it gas. so i try playing with ther carb settings, and nothing changes. turn the idle up, and nothing. so just because why not i start tapping the header tubes to feel how hot they are, and one is WAY cooler, so i pull that plug wire off, and through examining it, there is a slight burn mark on it, just enough where it was sparking off onto the header causing a dead cylinder, but by this time the parts store was closed. But, i feel way better knowing this is why it ran like crap, and for the first 20 minutes the smoke started getting less and less, as i was driving it around 20-30 mph and varrying the throttle, i think the rings needed to seat themselves again.

We started sanding and painting with some rattle cans, as i just want the truck to be one color for now, the frame off resto will be at a later date when i have the funds. I also got the led rings wired up using a toggle switch from inside the cab. Also, ran the wires for the tailights, so after school i can get them working, and finish more sanding, paint, and general work to the truck. My boss at my new job (he was my football coach up until i got injured and quit) even decided to pitch in some money!!!! Also, the buddy whose shop we are using now wants a k10, so I'm sure thatl be the next project.

Made in the USA, just like my trucks
Deer_hunter_088 is offline   Reply With Quote