View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 12:41 AM   #1
argonaut

Replacement Leaf Spring Questions

I am looking at buying new leaf springs for my Blazer. My goal is the smoothest ride possible with just a minor lift. I am running 33x10.5R15 BFG AT KO2 tires on some 15x7" slots from a 70s Jeep Wagoneer.

I went and spoke to the guys at Deaver and unfortunately they wont build a 2" lift leaf pack. This was disappointing, but they dont seem willing to build a custom pack for me. Oh well. Only 4" which is too high for my needs with tire size and light offroad duty. So now I'm considering the following:

A) Skyjacker 2.5" lift spring set. These would be a little more lift than I want/need, and I'm assuming they'll be stiffer than stock. But I would consider removing one or two leaves from each pack to soften them up and lower just a bit. Question #1 for anyone using 2.5" lift Skyjacher Springs is: how compliant is the ride, compared to stock springs? Would you recommend them?

B) Replacement stock leaf springs from generalspringkc, sdtruckspring, etc. Coupled with a 1" zero-rate. Question #2 to those who have purchased stock replacement leaf springs is: Are these springs 3" wide at the eyes, and have tapered thickness, like the original springs?

I've done a little searching but havent seen a definitive answer. I'm wondering if they are just straight 2.5" wide like aftermarket lift springs.

It is my intent to run rubber bushings in whichever set of springs I go with.

I appreciate and help and answers to my two questions!

1972 K5 Blazer CST, Turquoise
1966 K20 Short Fleet Pickup, Big Ugly
1964 C10 Short Fleet, Gertrude

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera
1996 Ford Bronco XLT
1980 Jeep Wagoneer

2008 Honda CBR1000RR
2005 Honda RC51
1981 Honda CB750C

No dis-assemble Johnny Five! No dis-assemble!
argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote