View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 05:22 PM   #19
CJM72

Re: Replacement Leaf Spring Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
I purchased The Tuff Country front springs with an advertised lift of 2". I installed them and it lifted the truck 3 1/2". Too high for me!
I took these new spring in to the local spring shop and had the de-arched a couple inches.
The rear springs were new off the shelf items, and I used a 1" spacer block to level the truck. The ride is awesome!
When I did the new springs, I also added a 73'up sway bar in the front. The combination of new springs and sway bar improved the ride and handling 10 fold, and is absolutely the best modification I could have done to my truck.

Here's a link to a post I made a while back. Some of the measurements may help you.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=754525
Hemi, I've read your build thread and your leaf spring thread, but I haven't seen any pictures that show how much clearance you ended up with between your diff and oil pan/cross member. Are you comfortable at this stockish height that you aren't going to put the differential into the motor? I have a similar LS swap with exception that I used the Dirty Dingo cross member. T-Case is in the stock position and I'm afraid that if I stay with a minor lift that I'll run into clearance problems when I hit my first major pot hole! I have worn out stock springs with an add-a-leaf in the front and what appears to be 2-3" blocks out back. I love your Blazer and hope to have a similar stance. Thanks!
CJM72 is offline   Reply With Quote