Thread: Spitfire
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #92
Ironangel

Re: Spitfire

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just tellin you what you need to do and get...Get a timing light! I would make the HEI distributor swap as well. Did you get the rear brake issue fixed? Really need to know what your timing is set at! I'm curious what carb is on the old girl? That motor appears to have been rebuilt, are those flat top pistons? What heads (casting numbers) (6 or 7 digit number)? Also, you need to run an old school motor oil in these flat tappet motors, an oil with "ZDDP" in it Like Valvoline VR1 or Mag-1 motor oil so the cam and lifters live. I'm thinking you've had timing issues causing the backfires and idle problems? Very cool truck by the way, and a bummer you couldn't melt some rubber doing a world class burnout at graduation...I have two 72's, "Belle & Nasty Sally" named them after old girlfriends because these trucks will take all your money for new shoes, make up, and command all your attention...Welcome to the world of Chevy trucks! Heres a video of Nasty Sally winning a first place trophy at the 2017 Truck Nationals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jXx...B&index=2&t=0s
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote