Thread: Tpi
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #21
Katrina/10

Re: Tpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKDTN View Post
No, but I have done a few vehicles with that '88 Ford truck pump. (A '69 Corvette and a '50 Ford truck). It says to use a primary "kicker" pump with it, but I did not in either of those and both are still going 10+ years later. I prefer the intank pumps and if I did another it would also use that S-10 Blazer tank too. I would have to say that after seeing some wrecks with in cab tanks, I would prefer to get the tank outside.

The only real difference in a 350 and 305 setup is injectors and knock sensor. You may get away with the 305 injectors if you jack the pressure and/or don't rev it high. Another lesson I have learened in the last year is injectors. The GM Multec injectors do not like ethenol fuel. There is a guy in Atlanta that sells rebuilt Bosch injectors that fit that use stainless pintles and should last a long time with todays fuels. Before the carburetor guys jump on the bandwagon, remember that some Q-Jet floats and especially older accelerator pumps do not ethenol fuel either. Fuel quality and chemestry is a real problem whether you are carbed or injected.
The reason I ask is that I installed the same Ford pump you mention on a 71 truck using the stock tank, and it failed in short order. I am assuming it did not like having to suck fuel up the long straw of the truck tank, so I am going to try to install a pump in the tank.

1971 Chevrolet C/10
1951 GMC 100
1977 GMC C15
1955 Chevrolet 3100
Katrina/10 is offline   Reply With Quote