View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 06:40 AM   #82
Thealien

Re: AM I wrong in being disappointed?

I have been burnt before and know better than to buy something I have not seen or have not sent someone else to inspect. So I shoulder 1/2 the blame.
BTW I have done it again and bought another Blazer from a forum member sight unseen (I'll never learn but I have much better expectations this time).

It spent 6 months at a local body shop and all he did was strip the quarters and let it sit for 6 months. After pulling it out I brought it to a mechanic/fabricator I have known for over ten years. We powder coated the frame. All QA1 coil over suspension and sway bars. Big Wilwood brakes and a brand new crate LS#/4L70. That is here SOME PICTURES OF PROGRESS

It is now at the body shop where windshield frame rot, quarter rot have been discovered and the door skin I bought can't be used as there is not enough door left! I have NOS quarters on the way and am going to look at a passenger door to hopefully solve that issue?

With all that being said I never once named the bad seller. A few members found out who he was (not hard) and have PMed me with their experience. It is what it is. I am too far into this to stop now.

Thanks for the kind words and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5Fan View Post
I've been watching this thread for a while, and I would be just as PO'd, if not more, to say the least. I'm not familiar with what Admin can do about it, if anything, but that is definitely NOT "Rust Free"! You have called yourself an "Idiot" enough times, so I think you should stop saying it. That's just me, but I also read earlier responses from one member who suggested something to the effect that you should buy a Honda Civic, since you aren't any good at buying old Chevy Trucks. He also mentioned that the justification for his response was because your were the one who posted "This Crap".

I'm pretty sure that's not what you needed to hear, nor should it be the purpose for this forum to kick a man when he is down. Sounded to me like the member who posted that response was probably the one who sold you the truck.

By the way, what's the status? I hope you get, or got it figured out.

Chris.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote