View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 08:28 PM   #7
novaX522

Re: 15” wheels and drop spindles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Wheels w/deeper back-spacing typically require trimming the lower A-arm 'rain-gutter' near the BJ location. I recall 4" being the max BS allowed so you should be fine. At worst, some slight trimming is usually all that's required.

Some will state that it's only when using smaller diameter wheels & there won't be issues w/larger diameter stuff (17"+) but that is not a black/white statement as it all depends on the amount of back-spacing. I ran 18x8 wheels up front w/5.25"BS & had to trim the rain-gutter. The larger diameter wheels just extend the distance of the rain-gutter area that needs to be trimmed.
Thanks Scoti, I’ve read a lot of your posts when I’ve been researching suspension drops. You know your stuff. I’m setting up my 72 lwb c10 to be able to pull an open trailer when needed, but primarily to be used as a driver. I want to reduce the gap between the tires and the fenders. I went real mild on the springs. 1” front and 2” rear. I will also be going from 28” to 31” tires.
Just wanted to check on 15” and spindles now that I know what my backspace is. Thanks!
novaX522 is offline   Reply With Quote