View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #108
47 Fasttoys

Re: '47 Loadmaster COE (rebuild pictures)

4-16-2015
Well, my road trip has come to an end. It was a great trip with only minor issues: the leaky wind shield, multiple problems with the wipers and tire rubbing on tight turns. The first 2 still need to be fixed but the tire rubbing issues was fixed in Searcy Arkansas thanks to the guys from Audio Envy, it's a small shop that had a couple of lowered truck projects out front, I stopped in and they where more then helpful by loaning me a spring compressor and even went to get me some used stock springs from a local junk yard all for $70, heck they made me some garage wall art while I worked on the truck. Great cars guys for sure.
We drove around 3400 miles and averaged 17.64 MPG, of this mileage only about 200 where Interstate. The rest of it was in real America. Hundreds of pictures where taken of the truck and I'm sure it's popping up on the web on various sites. Talked to a lot people during our travels and have a lot of stories of things that happened on the road.
So what's next? I picked up steel today for more work on the bed and have been playing with ideas for a slide on camper.
Of course "To be Continued"
Rob
Attached Images