View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 10:30 PM   #31
Blown06

Re: Project: "ResuWrecktion" '71 Custom Deluxe C-10

Put in an order with GMC Pauls and got these patch panels, inner rockers with floor extensions, kick panels, cab corners and lower A pillar patches.

Started stripping the cab down,

Got the cab stripped down and then decided I would lift the cab. Since my lift was 200 miles away at a buddy's shop in Houston, I had to make do. Used a porta power and some wood and bricks got it raised high enough to clear the frame rails.

Slid a 2x4 and a 2x6 under the cab and put some pushrods between the boards and slid it off the frame.

Sketchy, I know, but it worked and there was no trip to the emergency room.

Found some 8" swivel casters laying around and whipped out a cab dolly out of the lumber used for sliding the cab off the frame.

Moves around pretty easy and should really be nice once I get it to the garage to work on. So since I was on a roll I hooked up the riding mower to see if it would tow it. lol

And that will pretty much be my last update until after the first of the year, I have to take my ship up to Charleston SC for a shipyard period and that will go up through Christmas. Probably won't be home until well after the new year.

My project: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=646563
Blown06 is offline   Reply With Quote