View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 10:07 AM   #192
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

We have had some good spring weather, a few beneficial rain storms have washed the roads of any remaining salt from the past winter.

I have been able to get the truck out for a few short trips, totaling approximately 75 miles. The truck runs pretty good really, but I think it would benefit from some additional tuning. I’m not an expert at all but I’m hoping to make some adjustments to make things better at idle and lower RPM’s. At higher RPMs the engine pulls hard, lots of power.
My initial start up and tune has been setup using the small handheld Terminator x unit, it’s a bit limited compared to using the Holley software on a laptop but I didn’t have a choice this time because I fried my only laptop shortly after tuning the truck for its initial start a couple years ago. I had left it on the front seat opened up and forgot about it when I backed the truck out of the garage for a quick wash. Unfortunately it must have gotten a small amount of water on it somehow, possibly the window was down a bit or door not shut tight.
Anyway, I needed a new laptop, Best Buy had one on sale for a decent price last week, and my wife had a couple of gift cards to use up so I was able to pick one up fairly reasonably. As I said previously, I’m not really very techie and am more comfortable with an I Pad or Smart Phone than a laptop. Additionally the Holley Terminator software has been upgraded to a newer version than I used last time, so I will have to do more research on how to update the Terminator x before creating a new tune. I not 100% sure but I don’t think v3 plays nice with the previous v2 software.
Hopefully I can make an acceptable tune to make things better until I can add a better intake and throttle body and have a Pro familiar with the Holley software make some adjustments in the future.
But……… before I can focus on the truck again I need to finish the first stage of converting our 3 season porch to a 4 season porch. We are upgrading some of the framing in the walls and floor, adding 9 new windows , with new doors, and replacing some of the siding. Then the interior will need to be finished, likely with T&G pine. Lots to do this spring and summer. Weekends are filling up with weddings, graduation parties, vacation plans etc.

I can’t make it to the Street Machine Nationals in St. Paul this year , as I already have plans that require me to be elsewhere, so I will be looking for a couple of other car shows to attend. The show in Rush City Mn has been great the past several years for a small show. Lots of variety and some high quality cars, along with affordable builds as well, so I will definitely try to get to that one in August this year.
Long update with no pics
I will have pics next time I promise.