View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 02:54 PM   #5
SCOTI

Re: Rear brakes lock up before fronts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
Thanks guys,
I did some research and I was under the impression that an adjustable proportioning valve was simply placed in line with the rear brakes in addition to the distribution block I already have. Apparently the adjustable valve replaces the distribution block entirely. I’m guessing that will solve my issue.

The master cylinder and booster I have are just a summit brand kit. I can’t seem to find the part number anymore but I believe it was designed to be used for 4 wheel disk applications. The only reason I criss crossed the lines from the master cylinder to the distribution block is because that’s how the fitting sizes lined up. If I ran them straight across I’d have to adapt the 1/4” fitting to 3/8” and vice verse.
It's my understanding the master cylinder front to rear thing is volume related. On disc/drum set-ups, it's common to have more volume for the front discs. Master cylinders like what you're using have equal size chambers & since you now have 4-wheel disc it's a moot issue.

The only consideration is the actual prop valve. If it's an OE style disc/drum prop valve, there's prob an advantage to changing to a proper disc/disc unit (spec'd per model) or an adjustable/universal unit. Adjustable units are also the proper choice when utilizing larger diameter tires in the rear vs the front.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote